Ibex Engineering Linear screw stages
There a many benefits that screw stages can add to any project. To help qualify their use some of the benefits and drawbacks are listed below
- Cost – applications using lead or acme screws
- Thrust capabilities – tremendous mechanical advantage
- Simple to setup
- Good for vertical applications
- Easy to add external brake or encoder
- >Repeatability – Sufficient for many applications
- Restricted Speed
- Larger envelope needed for motor mount
- Cost – Precision screws approach the price of Linear servo stages
- Positional accuracy
- Lead error
- Bearing supports
- Coupler windup
- Repeatability – can be affected by nuts without any anti-backlash characteristics
Whether it be cost cutting, type of control or the replacement of an existing platform. Ibex’s has the experience and unique ability to produce non-standard custom screw based positioning solutions to meet any application requirement.
We also manufacture standard high precision configurable screw platforms as well.
Below are a small sample of single axis and multi-axis compounded screw stages highlighting some of our capabilities. At Ibex the possibilities and varieties are endless.